**

**

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Catching Up...

So, it's been a while.

I would love to say that I made good on everything I was talking about before I dropped off the face of the map - but that would be a lie.  Have you ever noticed when people disappear, they're usually about 10lbs heavier when they finally pull their face out of the box of cookie and decide to rejoin the human race?  Enter present day.

While I'm certainly a lot heavier, the past months haven't been a total loss.  I did the Christmas Carol Classic again and beat last year's time by 17 minutes!  Woot new PR!  The best part - my back didn't hurt and the entire time it actually felt pretty good.  Not gonna lie - running by the finish line and knowing I had an entire additional lap around the course to finish the 10k was not easy.  It would've been so much easier to just finish the 5k and call life good, but I pushed through and finished the entire 10k.  Hooray self!

I have a new job which I love and that's making a huge difference in my happiness levels.  I also don't have to work 2 jobs anymore, so that's another plus :)  We've just started the Biggest Loser at work and so now I have money on the line.  It's a $50 buy in and then it's $1 a pound for every pound you've gained at weekly weigh in.  So, is $150+ going to be enough of an incentive to get less jiggly?  I hope so!  If that's not enough, I've got the Cupid Undie Run coming up in February, plus a trip to Strawberry Park Hot Springs where clothing is optional after dark - talk about incentive!  I don't think I'll have the guts to go au natural, but I'd like to feel confident in myself if I did.

I've created a fairly ambitious workout calendar for myself which includes a 30 day ab/squat challenge.  Yes, I've already messed up, but I'm doing at least part of every day, meaning I'm doing abs every day, so hopefully I'll see some changes in the not too distant future!

So, here we go again - starting back on the path to fitness and sexy hotness.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment